‘Fantastic Beasts 2’ Casts 8 New Roles, Including Nicholas Flamel
Pottermore, author/screenwriter J.K. Rowling’s official site, announced the new characters and cast members:
• Brontis Jodorowsky will play Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist who discovered the Elixir of Life, whom fans will remember from the very first book and film, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” Flamel was also a close friend of Albus Dumbledore, and Dumbledore was the one who suggested Flamel to put the Sorcerer’s Stone in Gringotts Wizarding Bank before Dumbledore moved the stone to Hogwarts for further protection.
• Wolf Roth will play a character called Spielman.
• Victoria Yeates as Bunty.
• Derek Riddell as Torquil Travers.
• Poppy Corby-Tuech as Rosier.
• Cornell S John as Arnold Guzman.
• Jessica Williams of “The Daily Show” and Netflix’s “The Incredible Jessica James” is playing a character to be revealed later.
• Fiona Glascott as a character who will also be revealed later
Pottermore reminded fans that the last names “Travers” and “Rosier” should stand out since the “Harry Potter” book series mentioned them as Death Eaters who served Lord Voldemort. It wouldn’t be surprising to see them backing the pre-Moldy Voldy dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp).
The new cast members join original stars Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, Katherine Waterston as Tina Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, and Carmen Ejogo as President of MACUSA Seraphina Picquery. Jude Law is joining the cast as Albus Dumbledore, with Callum Turner as Newt’s brother Theseus, and Zoë Kravitz as Newt’s old friend/something more, Leta Lestrange.
Other previously announced new characters include a bounty hunter called Grimmson, played by Icelandic actor Ingvar Sigurdsson; William Nadylam as a wizard called Yusuf Kama; Ólafur Darri Ólafsson as Skender, the owner of a wizarding circus; and Claudia Kim as one of the circus’s “featured attractions.” Pottermore also previously mentioned the film holding open calls for five teenage roles — the young versions of Newt, Leta, Gellert, Albus, and a new character named Sebastian.
“Fantastic Beasts 2” — which will reveal its official title later — will be set in 1927, months after Newt helped in the capture of Grindelwald, and set in London, Paris, and New York. Dumbledore will team up with Newt and his friends to take on Grindelwald, who’ll make a “dramatic escape” from MACUSA custody. According to Pottermore, Grindelwald has been busy “gathering more followers to his cause – elevating wizards above all non-magical beings.”
Principal photography on the sequel started in July, and the movie is scheduled for release November 16, 2018.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.